Wednesday 11 February 2015

HAUL: Feb 2015

Hello,
Long time no see, I know... Im sorry.
I have been incredibly busy lately, but obviously not too busy for the odd shop here and there.

I went to Oxford Street yesterday, world renowned for its shops and did a considerable amount of damage to my bank account.
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation

Starting with beauty, I picked up the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation that everyone raves about. I always have major issues finding my shade in foundation and it always end up looking way to dark or orange on my skin. So this time I decided to just get the lightest shade; Light Porcelain. It turns out to be the perfect shade! I obviously have fairer skin that I thought!
The actual product is really good and I'm really happy with it so far, although I don't actually need a high coverage so I like it. If you need high coverage you might not get on so well with it.
Simple Vital Vitamin; Night Cream
I also decided to grab some night cream. I really slack when I comes to skin care, I'm just to lazy, but hopefully this will give me a push in the right direction. I already had the Simple Micellar Cleansing Water, which i use daily to remove my makeup and now I've started using this all over my face afterwards, it makes my skin sooo soft in the morning. Plus the pot with last you ages, you only need a small amount and it'll go a long way.

Real Techniques Nic's Picks; Limited Addition 
Ive been after a new set of makeup brushes for a while now, so I went for the Real Techniques Limited Addition ones. I already have two other sets of the Real Techniques brushes; The Starter set and The Core set I think. In this set there is the duo-fibre face brush, the duo-fibre contour brush and the duo-fibre eye brush.
duo-fibre face brush

duo-fibre contour brush

duo-fibre eye brush

Then I took a little tour around the mac stall in Selfridges. Id been after a nude coloured lipstick for a while as well as wanting to buy a mac lipstick and try them so I thought why not? I would actually class macs lipsticks as a bit on the pricey side but I love it so I would say it's worth it. I got the colour Blankety Ampilfied and it is a lovely light nude shade as well as quite moisturising. 

Blankety Amplified by Mac



I then moseyed on down to the 4 floor Topshop (!!!) and pick up another lipstick from their collection. I wanted a dark colour but not a purple as I already have on so i went for Beguiled, which is a dark red shade.
Beguiled; Topshop
Swatches for both lipsticks. 
Beguiled (Top)
Blankety (Bottom)


 After purchasing the lipsticks, I, of course, went to check out the show section and i came across these black pumps that I've had my eye on for a while now. I went to but them a couple of weeks ago but they didn't have my size, so I thrilled when I saw size 5 yesterday!
They are black with a white sole and have a sort of snake like pattern covering them. They look really nice but they hurt my feet at them moment because I have major blisters going on so I wont be wearing them anywhere just yet.



 I also picked up this metallic nail varnish in Superdrug from Miss Sporty. I love it soo much. It applies beautifully, the colour changes from a purple to a musky kind of green depending on the light and it looks amazing, all for only £1.99!


Miss Sporty

 Ive been wanting to spice up what I wear on my bottom half for quite some time, because I never buy jeans or skirts i just always wear the same style with a different top. However I have been trying recently, wearing skirts more often and trying different things. When I saw these kind of sparkly, leathery looking (not quite sure how to describe 'em) kind of things, I thought I'd just give them a go...

H&M Super Skinny, Super Stretch

River Island Purse, sky blue shade.

I went to River Island with a motive - To get a new bag and purse. I succeeded in both areas. The purse is a large one, with two pockets, its simple and a sky blue/grey colour.
And I fell in love with this bag soon as I saw it. It is medium sized with a removable chunky bright blue strap. It also has a front pocket and a orange and black strip across the front. I loveeee itttt.
River Island shoulder bag, white, black, blue and orange

 Thats pretty much everything. We also went to eat at EAT and I 100% recommend getting the chicken, tomato and pesto sandwich, it was lovvvveeeellllyyyyy!!!
Anyway if you want to find me on any form of social media here they are;
Twitter; @Connie_Wynne
Instagram; Connie_Wynne
Thank you,

17:02pm
x

8 comments:

  1. ohhh that mac colour looks lovely!

    http://peachyrage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, haha. really wearable as well, could wear it anywhere or anytime xx

      Delete
  2. Hello! I love your blog so I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. :)

    http://teawithdaisy.com/2015/02/13/the-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Connie!

    This is a great post! I love the River Island Purse, pastels are my all time favourite! I haven't been to Oxford Street in ageesss, but I think I need to pop down there now!

    Love your blog, please check out mine if you can!
    New follower via bloglovin'

    Rachel
    creativityandcrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for taking the time to comment :) i would defiantly recommend going down there!! So many shop choices and not enough time in the day!!!! haha xx

      Delete
  4. Loving your lipstick(the dark shade), bag,Rimmel which makes some of the best affordable makeup and i love your make up brushes. You have a good eye for fashion. Your shoes look comfy!



    www.iblogwithgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you very much!!! although i am yet to find the courage to wear that lipstick and those shoes gave me hideous blisters. haha I'm gradually wearing them in though! The things you do for fashion.... xx

      Delete
  5. thats so lovely thank you so much!!! I will defiantly check yours out! :) xx

    ReplyDelete