Monday 12 January 2015

This week; 4-11/1/15

 
The first week of the new year, in a nutshell, this is how i spent it;


  • I went for a casual stroll around the local park with my family (how idyllic that sounds aha),  it would have been much more enjoyable if i could have actually felt my fingers, but they were so cold I couldn't move them. But the world was set right as I grabbed a well deserved hot chocolate on the way home.


yum

  • I picked up a couple new books too, at £5 how could I not? As I love baking (just haven't quite managed to put it into great skill yet) I treated myself - well my dad treated me, ta pops, to The Hummingbird Bakery - "Home Sweet Home" book and The Great British Bake Off "Everyday" book. Both feature 100 recipes I hadn't seen before and I wait to have a crack at them. Although I am one who likes to see what my end result should look like and the "Everyday" book doesn't have photos for every recipe so thats a little upsetting, though I'm sure they'll taste great anyway.
  • I wasn't the only one either, my mum got the Hairy Bikers "Mums Know Best" cookbook, from which she cooked us the beeesssttt curry I'd ever had so ta very much ma...
  • I had not so much of a good time on Thursday as i had to get blood tests done. That is not a fun experience. not at all. The man who was doing it missed my vain on the first arm (apparently my vans are too flat?!?!) and he had to do it again on the other.
  •   I saw Taken 3 at the cinema Saturday evening and although I enjoyed it, it wasn't mind blowing. Obviously wasn't nearly as good as the first one but it was watchable and to be fair the ending wasn't all that predictable so... it was success to me.
  • After that we went to Wildwood the restaurant near where I live. We tried to get in somewhere near the cinema but I was so busy! I know it was a Saturday night and all but I've never seen it that busy. Anyway everywhere was packed and was like an hour wait so we just drove closer to home and went to Wildwood. I ordered the Peri-Peri chicken superfood salad, in case you were interested and it was delicious. Sadly I had no room for dessert as I scoffed a face full of pick 'n' mix before in the cinema.
  • I've got into ANOTHER new series this week, this time its Pretty Little Liars, again I'm very late the party, i always am, but I have fallen slightly obsessed with it. But I watch in the dark, it freaks me out. 
  •  Lastly I attempted (and I mean ATTEMPTED) to make cake pops yesterday. They failed. Thats all I have to say. The set I got for christmas DID say not to be dis-heartened if they don't raise first go but... there go my dreams of being a baker... kidding.
Anyway that about sums up my week, add in a couple of hours at school and throw in a bit of homework and you've basically lived it too!!

see you soon
20:25
x




p.s. if you want other ways to find me they are here;
Twitter; @Connie_Wynne
Instagram; Connie_Wynne

And feel free to follow me on BlogLovin
(cheeky self plug sorry - thannnkkkksss)

4 comments:

  1. I love buying new books, I could spend hours in a book shop looking them all and reading the backs of them :) That hot chocolate looks yummy!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for taking the time to comment :) x
      me too, i spend way too much money on them aha, and hot chocolate too xx

      Delete
  2. Mmm that hot chocolate looks lovely! Great post. :)
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you :) x
    i would love to xx

    ReplyDelete