Monday 5 January 2015

Back into Routine

As upsetting as it is to admit, christmas is over and the excitement of new year has pass us, therefore as we head in to the gloomy months of January and February, its time to head back into reality and start getting back into the route of things.

This came far to early this morning, when I apparent alarm went off at 6:23. However I didn't even hear it go off, I was woken to my panicked mother telling me to get up. Ahh, Monday mornings.

Considering I don't think I've seen before half 10 for about 13 days, my body clock is still adjusting to the sudden reality check as foolishly I decided not to go to bed relatively early Saturday night in order to be able to get up at the reasonable time of 8 yesterday morning. Instead, I stayed up until gone one in the morning watching my fix of Gossip Girl (which is actually on my list of 101 things in 1001 days which I posted a couple of days ago) therefore I didn't see daylight on Sunday until 12.

Anyway, despite my poor efforts to gradually win myself my bad habits of the christmas break I managed to somehow drag myself to school, one stress over a missing blazer later, this morning.
As much as I had been dreading starting school again today, I am looking forward to getting back into a route and a structured lifestyle.

The next few months is going to be a lot of getting my head down and getting on with it kinda thing, i have to prepare to sit my mocks at the start of February and then actually sit the real gcses in May. A lot of my time has to be dedicated to revision, and I've already had the first stress of making a revision timetable. Although there isn't going to be lot of spare time, relaxing is still important, or I know i'll burn myself out.

Lately I've become so lazy in finding other ways to relax other than grabbing my laptop and watching Netflix with a bowl of chocolate. However I'm hoping that because I'm now getting into a routine again, I'll give myself other ways to chill out, that don't make me just sit there and stare at a screen.

I missed reading a lot lately, and I'm hoping as the nights get colder its something I'll do more of now I'm back at school.
I struggle to find books I get along with, I have the attention span of a fish, so I get bored very easily so I often find myself reading half a book, putting it down and never picking it back up again.
I know this angers people, because it irritates myself, but i just find it really hard to get into a book.





Yesterday, I picked up the first Twilight book out the Twilight Saga series. I know I'm late to the party to this one but I've never really been that interested in reading or even watching any of the Twilight series. But after christmas I was low on films to watch so I decided at a friends request I would watch the first one. Well, I was completely hooked! I watched all five in three days! Productive christmas iI know... So when I saw the book yesterday I decided I'd give it my best shot to get stuck into it.
After reading just a couple of chapters, I already like it, and considering the first films my favourite, I kind of knew I would. But they say the book is always better than the film and from what I've read so far, thats defiantly proving to be the case.

4 comments:

  1. hey I've just nominated you for the Liebster award!x
    http://dimpl3dbrunette.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Connie:)

    I love your blog so far so i've also nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    See my blog post on what to do next http://rachelmclaughlin23.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete