Monday 23 March 2015

Weekend in 'That London'

Yesterday, travelled up to the capital on the train with my family as we'd booked to see a west-end show on the Sunday night.
Instead of having to deal with the fuss of having to travel home late after the show, we decided to just stay over at a nearby hotel for the night and go home the next morning.

So, like I said, yesterday we made our way to Covent Garden in London to see 'The Play That Goes Wrong" at the Duchess Theatre.


The actual show was hilarious! I truly recommend going to see it, if your up for a giggle. Its a small cast but personally I think that made it even better. Each and every member had me in stitches and the timing was impeccable. A really good, unconventional plot. Somehow we managed to bag really good seats, in Row B no less, so our view was great, however, honestly I do think you'll have a solid view and experience wherever you are in the theatre.


The show started at around 7 o'clock, but we were that the hotel by 2 so we decided we'd do a spot of shopping - again - to pass the time.
The hotel we were staying at was just a bog standard Travelodge, but it was located right next to the theatre and minutes walking distance from the shops so was perfect for us. Plus it was clean, cheap and cheerful, so it ticked all the boxes for our quick on night stay.



 I always find the shops in Covent Garden to be quite scattered, I always end up walking around it circles but never the less I was able to pick up and few bits and bobs here and there, let me know if you'd like to see them in another blog post.
Anyway by the time we had walked in a circle approximately 4 times and manchester united had won 2-1, we were starving. As as much as there was so much choice and places that looked cool and interesting, we were too hungry to look into anyway. So we settled on the trusty Zizzi's. I went for the Chicken and Prosciutto salad and devoured my fathers cheesy garlic bread along with it. (HIGHLY RECOMMEND OH MY GOD ITS GOOD!) However the Ravioli Di Capra is also AMAZING!

Annnnnyywayyyy, after that I ate a whole bag of Wine Gums and Revels to myself (barring one which i let my mum have and it was an orange one so i didn't mind - AND is it just me who likes the coffee revels? seriously they are like my favourite ones behind the toffee ones because they are hands down the nicest ever...

The next day we went the the transport museum and I have got to say I was a little distracted with the fact I was given a stamp trail to complete, although it did get slightly ridiculous when i began mentally racing 4 year olds to get the the stamp stand first...


But over all a memorable and enjoyable weekend. And i can't wait to do it again, hopefully.

Photos from my Instagram - Connie_Wynne
Feel free to follow :)

I also went to the nicest sweet shop because I am obsessed with Pick n' Mixes and SugarSin had the biggest range I had ever seen! I was in my element!! literally a kid in a sweet shop. (although there was no chocolate raisins on display (my fave) so they was slightly disappointing...

until next time 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment