Sunday 25 January 2015

Realist or Dreamer?

Everyone always asks when i was younger; what do you want to be when you grow up? 
My answer was always simple - I wanted to be a primary school teacher.
Me and my best friend always had a clear view of what we wanted to do, work at dog trust, run a dance school and teach.

Obviously that quickly faded as we grew older, the reality of it being we simply out grew our master plans. Although my best friend is still set on her childhood desire, I seemed to drifted to just not knowing what i wanted to do.

Of course thats fine, i didn't need to make decisions like that at 12, but now its come to that time when people are starting the ask the same question - what do you want to do? But this time it takes much more thought and planning.

As i am now in my last year of school, its all people seem to ask and want to know.
The only answer i can give is - "oh, I'm not sure yet..." but time is passing so quickly, soon i'd have finished school and be starting college in September embarking on A-Levels.

Some people are dreamers and shoot for the stars straight from the off. Being honest that they want to become a hollywood actor or a world renounced fashion designer.
It may not even be about careers; they are just so passionate about something they don't care what it takes for them to achieve it.
And when they do, there is nothing more rewarding.

Most are realists, believing that, that 1 in a million chance of it happening is just not enough  and that they need a stable, reliable source of income. Maybe some just don't have enough faith in themselves, or maybe some have lower dreams and expectations.

Some people are none of the above, I believe I’m both.

I’m a dreamer; I long to have a successful and for filling life, like most do. 
Doing something i truly enjoy, live and travel to exotic places. 
That i’ll go to work everyday loving what I do because I am a strong supporter of the phrase “do something you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life”

But pretend I realist. Because i scared people won’t take me seriously. Because i afraid of failure or that people think I’m not capable or skilled enough. So i just pretend that I don’t want those things. Of course i have looked into other options, ones i’ll be more than happy with taking, but its not a dream.

So im a dreamer, I just won’t admit it.
what are you?

21:19
x

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Check out the post below to see what you have to do :)
    http://andallthatfairydust.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete